Reach for the sky
The S.U.F. Myrsky’s tribute to Finland’s heroic warplane
On the cusp of the Winter War in 1939, with Soviet troops poised to invade, the Finnish Democratic Republic had to prepare, and fast. But it was quickly apparent that acquiring aircraft from abroad would be impossible, as everyone was making preparations for their own war. Marshal Mannerheim had no choice but to kick-start the immediate design process for a home-spun fighter plane. Finland’s State Aircraft Factory took the challenge head-on, but they were soon plagued by misfortune, with lack of funds, not to mention a lack of aluminium, which meant they had to make do with a plywood and fabric construct. (Needless to say, the glue didn’t weather well, come the notorious Finnish weather.)
Nevertheless, the VL Myrsky was capable of reaching heroic speeds, over 530kmph, making it the fastest plane at the time – even . Its aerodynamics were superb, and its few lucky pilots rated it as a momentous effort from a poor, war-crippled nation fighting an enemy far more powerful. S.U.F.’s Myrsky watch, inspired by vintage cockpit instrumentation, salutes the plane’s brave, tireless designers and the fighter aces of Finland who gave their dearest in the effort to protect their homes. A true pilot watch, the dial is unreflective, it features distinct and easy-to-read minutes in SuperLuminova, and is driven by Switzerland’s ultra-reliable Soprod A10 mechanical movement, visible through a sapphire caseback.
- Soprod A10 Calibre, 11.5 lines, 28800 mph (4 Hz)
- Mechanical Automatic winding
- Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date (also available without date)
- 25 jewels
- 42 Hours power reserve
- Rhodium plated, Perlage Finishing
- Stainless Steel (DLC coated in black version), 42 mm in diameter, 10.4 mm in thickness
- 1.6 mm thick sapphire crystal with multi antireflective coating inside
- Water-resistant to 5 ATM
- Painted with Superluminova indexes
- Steel or Blued Steel hands with Superluminova
- Leather in various colours
- Stainless steel pin buckle
- Grassbay strap in green (LE 100)
We are on holiday until August. Orders in July will be delivered when we return.
Have a great summer!
We still answer to e-mails (email@example.com) if you have any questions!
All prices include 20% VAT
Want to know more? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org